Monday, September 15, 2008

A few of our favorite things

OK, these just arrived today, so they aren't bona fide favorites yet, as they've only been here a few hours, but I know they will be! Allison and Lizzie each got a giraffe from Starbright Baby on etsy. Technically they are teething giraffes, which is how I found them in the first place, as Lizzie is teething like a fool. But they are so cute and I knew Allison would love them too. So we got two, and they are a big hit!



The next favorite thing is Lizzie's kett made spoon. My friend Colleen and her husband Mark were looking for a non-plastic, non-metal baby spoon for their son Yonah. Mark is a luthier (guitar maker! Did you know they were called luthiers? I didn't either, until I met Colleen!) and he is a woodworking artist. He came up with the perfect size and shape for a baby spoon and he uses beautiful exotic woods. The spoon really is a keepsake item. It's the only spoon we use with Lizzie and it is wonderful! The spoon has two ends, one very small for little appetites, and a wider end for hungry-baby days. Ours is made of bubinga wood. SO pretty!